I am in a great semester at BYU right now. The majority of my classes are toward my major and the one that is not is awesome. I have my same job at Performing Arts Management still that is giving me twenty hours a week and I got a raise. My grant application came through and I now I don't have to pay for school at all this year! One major down side to this school year is the fact that I am not on the Folk Dance team anymore but that now gives me time (theoretically) to do things specifically for my major. Oh yeah....and I am MARRIED! I really should write a post about that, we will see.
For now I just felt like it would be fun to include this introduction to myself I had to write for a Student Developement/Career Planning class. I forgot about the assignment and had twenty minutes before class but I still had almost ten minutes of walking to get to class. So I found the nearest computer, sat down, and typed furiously. This is what came out. What you are reading is the first draft (I never revised or made a second draft). Moral of the story... I write better when I don't think and stress about it. So here you go...
Howdy Lisa,
First of all I am a wannabe cowboy, a country boy at
heart. I was born in Sacramento, moved several times, and ended up in
the middle of eternal suburbia (South Jordan). My family owns a couple
of acres and for a few years I did own some horses which makes feel a
little more legitimate than the urban cowboys abundant in Utah.
The most unique thing about me is probably my family. I am the
oldest of 16 children. That's right... 16. Nine of us are biological and
seven are adopted. We are a multi-cultural family consisting of four
black children, two asian, and one from India. I have one sibling with
Downs Syndrome, one with club feet and deformed hands, one with mild
Cerebral Palsy, and just one redhead. Life is never boring around my
house and I have learned a lot about life, human nature, relationships,
responsibility, and the Gospel through my family situation. Although, I
do have moments I wish there were less of us.
I am studying Therapeutic Recreation, ask me about it in person if
you want to know more because I can get pretty passionate about it. I
love horses, flying, mountains, water, and sand dunes. Basically
anything outdoors. I have a love for speed and adrenaline, which means I
love most anything with wheels or engines, but I really appreciate the
quiet moments in my home or under a tree.
For the last couple of years I have been on the Folk Dance team and
have had the oppurtunity to travel through Eastern Europe. I have also
been a performing missionary in Nauvoo and have been heavily involved in
music and drama. I love photography and videography to record the
little moments and the memories of life. I am not much of a painter or
drawer but I want to have great artwork in my home. Oh, I really want to
learn how to do some wood carving as well.
Basically, I love life! Sweating and getting dirty is something that
I enjoy along with sitting with a good book. The stage excites me but a
pristine moment alone by a mountain lake is something my soul needs. I
don't think I will ever be bored in this life.
No comments:
Post a Comment