Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Sing a little of these workin man blues

So I already messed up on the post everyday thing.  Oh well, you learn from mistakes and keep going.  I may not end with 365 posts but if I keep trucking along I will have a whole lot more entries than any other time I have tried to start a journal.

Yesterday and today were both filled with just about the same things.  I woke up in the morning, took a shower, ate breakfast, helped clean the kitchen, work on my resume, and then went to work.  A word about the relationships between resume's and Tyler Walker; I hate doing them!  For one I am terrible at putting anything down on paper (aka computer screen) and for another I am terrible at bragging about myself.  When I have to go in and tell what your duties were and what accomplishments you made while working I just get to the point of telling them what my exact duties were.  Never did I embellish on how I performed those duties or how those duties gave me specific experience for the position I was applying for.  So throughout this two day process I kept bothering my dad to look it over and give suggestions.

The position I am applying for came from a lady in a networking group that my dad attends every Wednesday.  The name of the position is Porter.  From the description of what the duties are it sounds like it is just a person whose purpose is to make sure the residents of the apartment complex are happy.  It consists of performing minor maintenance and kind of being the liaison between the resident and management.  I have some doubts I would get the job because I will be on tour all of June but I am really hoping.  With my dad's help hopefully my resume is impressive. 

I still have my other job as a camera man for BYU TV but it is on call work and I am only getting maybe ten hours a week.  That kind of money is not going to pay for school and housing.  Yesterday and today I was put on last minute shoots that I hadn't planned for which is why it has taken me two days to actually apply for the other job.  I love actually doing the shoots but it was kind of frustrating to have to drop plans like being there for Sereen's (my married sister) birthday.  There have been several times where I have had to postpone dates and things as well which is not a good thing when you struggle to get dates like I do.  So as fun and cool as the job is for this summer at least I need something else. 

Now that I have just rambled on about my employment woes I will post a couple of pictures for yesterday and today.
So I am embarrased to post these pictures but I needed to take a picture of something today and I am doing this to improve right?  I went to throw away a draft of my resume and found these orange peels on top of the Ritz box. I thought it might be kind of cool so I tried it.

This is a picture of one of our family favorites, Mom's homemade bread. It is best when cut open a few minutes out of the oven and some homemade strawberry jam spread over it. Usually mom makes more than this because when we are allowed to cut into it fresh we end up eating this much in half an hour. Unfortunately we had to save these loaves for lunches.

No comments:

Post a Comment